Monday, August 6, 2012


I am so glad we celebrate the 24th of July as if it is an extension of the 4th.  Otherwise I would not have gotten to use my "Sweet Land of Liberty" wall quilt.  You see I finished it on the 23rd of July, just in time to hang it for the 24th. Wow, I barely made it.

This is a block of the week project from The Corn Wagon Quilt Company. I love this quilt, it has so many 3D embellishments, the ruffles and pinwheels on the cake, the watermelon rind and button seeds, sprinkles on the cupcake, the cherries are yo-yos and I added ladybug and bee buttons to the sunflower. Love, Love, Love it! It's my current favorite and will have to hang well into September, maybe longer.

The Corn Wagon's next block of the week is by the same designer, and it is a halloween wall quilt, it starts August 18th and goes for 5 weeks.  Yes, I'm already signed up.  Hopefully I can finish it before the 30th of October.





No comments: